Synchronicity in the Universe and You.
Synchronicity is an ever-present reality for those who have eyes to see. – Carl Jung
Have you ever been thinking of someone and then they call you moments later? Or you’ve been thinking of a word or phrase and a second later you see the very same word or phrase on a billboard or license plate? Deepak Chopra in his best selling book, “The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire,” calls this synchronicity.
Synchronicity is a coincidence or a coming together of seemingly unconnected events. The word, coincidence, literally means co (with) Incidence (event) – basically two events coming together. These little events are not just something to write off as just “mere coincidence”, but they are often clues or signposts from infinite intelligence and each one, in itself, is a little miracle.
The Synchronicity Story About David
In his book, Deepak Chopra tells the story of David, a man in love with a woman named Joanna. Although he wanted to ask her to marry him, David was a little hesitant. On the day he decided to ask her, David woke up with a peace about the thought of marriage. He took her to a park and was just getting ready to pop the question when a plane flew over head and Joanna said “I wonder what that banner says.” Without thinking David blurted out “It says will you may me Joanna?” And they both looked up and the banner did say, “Marry me Joanna”….
The Web of Synchronicity
Invisible to us is a whole web of connections and the coincidences that is common throughout our lives. These are like little road flares giving us a sign as to which way to go next. We can choose to ignore them, or realize we are scratching the surface of the deeper connection that we all hold to the universe. We can choose to connect to these signs and benefit from the clues to know future actions to aid manifesting our desires.
When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities. This is when the magic begins and the more you observe it, the more it will come into your life.
In my own life, while I was going through a major career change and a divorce, one day I saw the name Christy several times within a period of fifteen minutes. At first it I just smiled and wrote it off as one of those weird, funny coincidences but then it kept happening. I saw the name on billboards and heard people calling out the name. I even called my friend, Gail, and her voice mail was that of a woman named Christy! I finally asked out loud what this meant. I then went to my address book to look up an address and opened the book to the one name CHRISTY. It turned out to be a connection to a teacher that led me to make a deeper spiritual connection with myself.
Some Tips from Deepak Chopra
Here are some tips from Deepak Chopra on how to nurture and appreciate your own little messages from the infinite and begin seeing the synchronicity in your life…
- Get clear on your intentions. A coincidence is message from the universe to guide us in the ways to act in order for our dream to manifest. Therefore the first step is to know what you want by setting intentions. I recommend setting intentions in the three top areas of your life: health, finances and relationships; and then go from there.
- Sit alone for 5 minutes in silence once a day and put these questions to your mind and heart. “Who am I?” “What do I want for my life today?” And then let go of your thoughts. Let your inner stream of consciousness provide the answers. Then after five minutes write them down what you come up with. You will be surprised at how events people and situations will orchestrate themselves around the answers.
- Don’t ignore a coincidence when it happens. Ask yourself and your guides, “what is the message here?” And then listen for the answer. It may be a sudden insight, a spontaneous creative experience, or they may be something very different. Maybe you’ll meet a person who is somehow related to the coincidence that occurred. An encounter, a relationship, a chance meeting, a situation, a circumstance will immediately give you a clue to its meaning. The key is to ask and then listen.
- Keep a diary or journal of coincidences in your life. Take note when a coincidence happens and then write down anything significant that arises from it.
- Finally look back on your life and notice how easily it has flowed from one event to the next. Notice how effortless it could’ve been if you only knew where it was leading. Most people look back and think questions like, “Why was I so worried?” or “Why was I so hard on my children or myself?”
If you follow these exercises you will find that you will come more in tune with synchronicity within your own life. This will allow you to more easily manifest your desires.
“In every moment the universe is whispering to you. There are messages for you carried on the winds. There is wisdom for you in the morning songs of the birds outside your window and in the soft murmurs of an ebbing sea. Even ordinary, everyday events in your life carry communications from the realm of spirit.”
— Denise Linn in The Secret Language of Signs
P.S. If you gained value from this post be sure to comment below, and please share this post on Facebook or Twitter!