“Powerful Online Content Marketing Strategy” written and video by Mike Marko.
Are you struggling to get leads and sales for your business?
It can be tough using the internet to market your business. You have to consider that you’ll be generating traffic that will be for the first time being introduced to your products or services.
And getting sales that way can be tough at best.
That’s why today I want to talk about my favorite internet marketing technique: online content marketing, and about my favorite content marketing strategy.
What Is My Favorite Content Marketing Strategy
In the following video I talk about a powerful online content marketing strategy that I use, and now you can use too to help you get better results when you are marketing your business online.
VIDEO: Online Content Marketing Strategy
[jwplayer player=”1″ mediaid=”22429″]
Why Collect Emails?
I’ve stated in the past the main purpose of a website is to get leads and the best way you get leads is to have a lead capture page. The reason why this is all important is because online marketing is more like relationship selling instead of conventional sales.
This means that it takes longer to get a buyer to buy:
- 2% of people will buy on their first connection or exposure
- 3% of people will buy on their second connection or exposure
- 5% of people will buy on their third connection or exposure
- 10% of people will buy on their fourth connection or exposure
- 80% of people will buy on their fifth to twelfth connection or exposure; with the average being seven exposures to get a buyer to buy.
That’s why it’s important to give a potential buyer reasons to open your emails and visit or blog or website… and that’s where a content marketing strategy comes into play.
Reasons For Having A Your Own Content Marketing Strategy
As I mention in the video, it’s important to give value and content to your potential buyers. The reasons are because:
- Helps build trust
- Helps build authority in the marketplace
- Helps build your brand
- Encourages the potential buyer to read your content because it helps solves their problems.
Developing Your Own Content Marketing Strategy
There are several forms of content you can create to help with the process. They include:
- Blog posts. Make the blog posts at least 600 words to help ensure you give enough value for the reader’s effort.
- Video. Unless it’s a good will video (which are typically 5 to 15 minutes in length) you should try and make most of your content videos 1 to 3 minutes in length. Too long a video and you lose your audience.
- Pod casts. Podcasts are also a great way to give value. Try to make your podcasts from 5 to 20 minutes in length.
- Email. You can also contain value within your emails. While I personally prefer to send my readers ultimately to a blog post or video where I have even more value, you can use emails to effectively deliver value.
Include A Call To Action
Remember every piece of content should have a single purpose in mind. You should be crystal clear of what action you want to the potential buyer to take prior to creating the content.
Then make sure at the end you include that call to action. The call to action should be clear and concise. Try to only use one call to action per piece of content, but you can have as many as three.
Final Thoughts On Creating An Online Content Marketing Strategy
Be sure to include a content marketing strategy in your internet marketing. When you use this in combination with other techniques, you’ll find that you get even more conversions (sales)over time. Keep building content regularly and…
Test… test… test…
You can use a content marketing strategy in conjunction with a marketing funnel . If you need help in creating your lead capture page and marketing funnel, and want to work side-by-side with me, then feel free to contact me and we can talk about the different options we offer. Or use the link below to apply for your “results in advance” free consultation and let’s get started right away:
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more from this Empower Network Review, and Jeunesse Review. Be sure to check out Digital Altitude in our Digital Altitude review.
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like I do, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.