“Avoid Paralysis by Analysis – Take Action” written and recorded by Mike Marko.
Have you struggled with taking steps to complete something because you endlessly obsess over the details?
Or maybe you are holding yourself back because you are afraid to make mistakes?
When dealing with a potential opportunity, do you have a lot of seemingly unanswerable questions swirling around your brain?
If so, you may be suffering from something very common to those looking for business success: analysis paralysis.
Struggling with Paralysis by Analysis?
In the following video I talk about overcoming paralysis by analysis and taking action.
[jwplayer player=”1″ mediaid=”16739″]
Overcoming Paralysis by Analysis
At some point, we all have found ourselves in a paralyzing situation where we simply can’t make a decision no matter how much we want to get to the end zone.
We convince ourselves that:
- We don’t have all the facts and information
- The timing isn’t right now
- Something bad will happen when we do take action
- We don’t have the right solution yet.
These common feelings of not being ready cause us to waste a lot of precious time, and we lose our peace of mind about what we want to achieve.
So what’s the main cause of our paralysis by analysis?
It’s our ego.
Our Ego Holds Us Back
Our ego convinces us that we aren’t ready for one reason: it doesn’t like the unknown.
Imagine your ego as a person who is deathly afraid of close confinement. It would rather stay in the wide open instead of exploring caves even though you may know there are riches to be found.
When you are about to start something new, your ego knows that change is imminent. It will panic. And your ego will betray you if you let it.
Your ego will try to convince you about all the reasons why things won’t work out to keep you from acting. Lost in your thoughts, your ego will try to convince you that you will lose your job, home, family and livelihood if you make the “wrong” decision. Your ego wants you to waste time until the amazing opportunity passes you by.
Overcoming Your Ego and Fighting Paralysis by Analysis
You do have the power to overcome your ego. Here are a few steps to help you move off dead center and back into action:
- Give yourself a deadline. Set a defined period of time to finish the data gathering process. You probably already know as much as you need to know to get started. It’s important to accept the fact that there will always be unknown factors; that you will never know everything. When you come to terms with the inevitable unknown, you can then make a decision based on what you know today.
- Ask for a second opinion. Now that you have an idea about what you want to do, run your ideas past a business colleague or mentor. Don’t choose someone who is vested in a particular outcome or who will tell you only what you want to hear. You also don’t want to tell someone who will lose out (even lose your attention) from the idea because they may subconsciously want to sabotage you. Encourage your confidant to ask questions. Ask for feedback on your arguments.
- Listen to your gut. What does your instinct tell you to do? What concepts and ideas bring you the most enthusiasm? What feels right to you? Trust your intuition when your fear isn’t driving the decision-making process. Your gut feeling is your most trusted ally in accomplishing your goals.
- Conduct a dry run in your head. After you decide on a path, visualize the path and achieving your goals. In your mind play out your decision exactly as you wish it to be. Take the time to fill in all of the details of the outcome, including your feelings, the environment, the reactions of others, the financial benefit, and any other positive result stemming from your decision. FEEL AS IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ACCOMPLISHED. Repeat this step over and over again until you feel completely confident in moving forward. You may have to repeat this step as you take actual steps in the future to replenish your confidence.
- Finally take the leap. Now make a commitment to take action. Follow through without hesitation. Realize that you will hear your ego trying to slow you down as you second guess your decision. Expect it. It is nothing more than your ego’s final attempt to keep you locked in a state of inertia. Everyone experiences this. Even people whom have accomplished amazing feats all have had that same nagging voice. What makes them different is that they choose to act anyway. And you can do it too.
Final Thoughts On Overcoming Paralysis By Analysis
You can do this. You can accomplish your goals and dreams.
Follow these steps and you will be well on your way to achieving your own success.
So what’s stopping y0u?
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the IPAS2,the TotalShortcut system, and the YourFirstMillionOnline system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network Review, and Jeunesse Review.
If you want a system to help you rank in Google just like Bren and I do, then check out Influx Entrepreneur.